Our public engagement programme helps visitors connect with Earth and Environmental Sciences in fun, memorable and exciting ways. Through our Engagement Programmes, Science Showcases and Meet the Scientist Events, we’re able to provide opportunities to help our visitors understand the ways our planet works - and show where an interest or career in science could take them!
If you work in Earth and Environmental Sciences research or industry and would be interested in delivering a Meet the Scientist session or Science Showcase Event, please get in touch with Natalie Walls, Science Engagement Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Hermione Cockburn, Scientific Director (email@example.com).
For more details on ways you can support us, take a look at our Support Us Pages
Here’s a look back at some of our highlights from 2018:
1. Earthy having a check-up with Dr Natalie before our Operation Earth family show
2. A group of trainee environmental scientists surveying our indoor meadow for bugs
3. A queue of visitors waiting to have a go at taking an air sample in our air testing tent as part of our Air Pollution & You showcase with CEH & AUKCAR
4. Learning all about Scottish Wildlife at our Nature Detectives event in Holyrood Park
5. Discovering what is in our oceans – volunteers fishing plastics out of our sample and thinking of ways we can reduce our plastic use
6. Make your own fossil as part of our Earth Day celebrations